Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (crockpot) feeds 8-10


This one was ultra cheesy and, if you haven't already guessed, my family loves cheese!

When I first heard about this recipe I was under the understanding that you could cook it in the crockpot without cooking the spaghetti noodles first. This time around I decided to cook them first. I didn't have time to make something else if it turned out bad. ha  I promise to make it again and not precook the noodles to see if it works and I promise to post my findings! (If any of you do it before me please please post a comment!) I also had onions in this one and I will leave them out next time. I don't think they really added much flavor, and not one of us will eat them so it seems like a waste.


Heads up: I should have used my crockpot liners for this meal... it wasn't fun cleaning it.

I made this for my family of five eaters (the 5 month old doesn't eat yet duh). I also delivered a large helping for our two elderly neighbors. And STILL have enough left over for two more people. The total cost was around $8.



Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (serves 8-10)
2 to 4 shredded chicken $1.81  
1 can of diced tomatoes $0.99  
1 small can of diced green chilis $0.99  
1 can cream mushroom soup 98%FF $0.99  
1 can cream chicken soup 98%FF $0.99  
 1/2 lb velveeta 2% cheese
 
 1/2 cup water
 
16 oz spaghetti $1.75  
  TOTAL COST OF MEAL $7.52  
 
 
  Cook spaghetti according to directions, except  
  cook it for 2 minutes less than what it calls for.  
  Add ALL ingredients to crockpot.   
  Cook on low for 2 hours.    

No comments:

Post a Comment